Self-Funding group medical plans for the middle market
What is a self-funded medical plan?
A plan that allows an employer to pay for medical services and supplies as needed and uses insurance to protect itself against expensive employee medical costs. These plans also include insurance that guarantees a capped maximum total plan cost.
What are the benefits of a self-funded medical over a fully-insured plan?
- Reduce total plan cost by 20% to 40% per year.
- Avoid up to 10% of new Affordable Care Act taxes and fees.
- Pay wholesale versus retail for all medical services and prescription drugs.
- Access the same medical providers and pharmacies as your current plan.
- Know what is being purchased: the unit volume and cost for every office visit, lab test, prescription drug, etc. used by plan members.
- Purchase only the appropriate amount of insurance necessary for your specific plan.
- Have known expected and maximum annual medical plan budgets.
- Tailor your specific medical benefits to better meet the needs of your group.
- Simple plan and claims administration.
- Attract top quality candidates with your medical benefits plan.